Tech For Business
We will use nontraditional approaches as well, inviting private sector players to the table to do this the Silicon Valley way–integrating everyone to ensure none of our residents are left behind.
Our innovative community has responded to this crisis with digital solutions, including free resources for schools, businesses, and nonprofits.
Video Conferencing and Virtual Meetings
- Zoom users can work or complete schooling safely through remote options–requesting free accounts for administrators, staff, teachers, and students to quickly spin up virtual classrooms.
- Cisco now offers free Webex accounts and 90-day business licenses for video conferences, meetings, screen sharing, and webinars.
- Microsoft Teams is offering 6-months free of Microsoft Teams, a unified communication and collaboration platform. Restrictions will be lifted on how many users can join a team or schedule video calls.
- Dialpad provides any business in North America with free access to its cloud-based phone system, Dialpad Talk Pro, for the first two months of usage.
File Storage and Project Collaboration Tools
- Box is offering 3 months free of its secure file sharing and collaboration platform. The offer is for the company’s “Business” plan and includes unlimited storage, 5 GB file upload limit, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), mobile access, and advanced user and security reporting.
- Cloudflare is offering free Cloudflare for Teams for small businesses through September 1. There is no commitment to continue using the product after September 1, 2020. The program includes an optional 30-minute onboarding session with a technical expert.
- Microsoft Office 365 E1 for Nonprofit Volunteers Microsoft is also offering Office 365 E1 for 6 months for nonprofit volunteers. Office 365 E1 includes Teams as well as email, file storage and more. This offer is designed for organizations who need a seamless option for volunteers working in remote situations in the face of COVID-19.
- Google Cloud – Google is expanding features of Hangouts Meet, its video conferencing platform, for current customers through July 1, 2020. Customers can now host larger meetings with up to 250 participants, live stream to 100,000 viewers, and save recordings to Google Drive.
Email and Communications
- MailChimp is providing free standard accounts to its email newsletter service for governments, healthcare providers, schools, nonprofits and other organizations that need to communicate information about COVID-19.
- NationBuilder is offering free digital organizing software and services to governments, agencies, and NGOs engaged in COVID-19 direct relief and emergency response efforts.
Business Supply Chain
SAP has opened up access to SAP Ariba Discovery, where any buyer can post their immediate sourcing needs, and any supplier can respond to show they can deliver.