Make an appointment for COVID-19 testing
Click to get started
Hospitals & Clinics
Verily / Project Baseline
Holiday Schedule for Community-Based and State-Operated Testing Options
This week, Gardner Health Services will be offering its free, community-based drop-in COVID-19 testing events on Monday (11/23) instead of its usual Wednesday testing. No appointments are necessary and all individuals are served regardless of insurance or immigration status. Roots Community Health Center will not be testing this week at Antioch Baptist Church. The 4 testing sites operated by State contractors (Verily and OptumServe) also have a modified holiday schedule. The Verily sites will be closed for the full Thanksgiving weekend. Both OptumServe sites will be closed on Thanksgiving day, though the James Lick High School site will add Monday hours. All 4 state sites are free, but require appointments. Verily’s “Project Baseline” testing locations are primarily drive through sites; while the OptumServe sites are walk-up. See below for the full schedule:
- Gardner Health Services: Mexican Heritage Plaza, 1700 Alum Rock Avenue, San José, 95116. Testing on Monday, November 23rd from 1pm to 7pm. For more information, call 408-457-7100.
- Verily’s Project Baseline at Independence High School: 617 N. Jackson Ave., San José. Testing offered Sunday (11/22) from 9am to 1pm and Monday (11/23), Tuesday (11/24), and Wednesday (11/25) from 12pm to 6pm. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Verily’s Project Baseline at Mount Pleasant High School: 1750 S. White Road, San José. Testing offered Monday (11/23), Tuesday (11/24), and Wednesday (11/25) from 12pm to 6pm. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- OptumServe at Gavilan College: 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd., Gilroy. Testing offered Monday (11/23), Tuesday (11/24), Wednesday (11/25) and Friday (11/27) from 7am to 7pm. Visit here or call (888) 634-1123 to schedule an appointment.
- OptumServe at James Lick High School: 2951 Alum Rock Ave., San José. Testing offered Monday (11/23), Tuesday (11/24), Wednesday (11/25), Friday (11/27), and Saturday (11/28) from 7am to 7pm. Visit here or call (888) 634-1123 to schedule an appointment.
Support is available if you must quarantine or isolate yourself because of COVID-19
The County of Santa Clara provides a range of resources, including financial assistance, meals, transportation, and mental health support for people who need assistance with quarantine. If you cannot quarantine or isolate safely at home, you may even qualify for a free hotel or motel room. Call the Santa Clara County COVID-19 Support Team at (408) 808-7770 to learn if isolation and quarantine services are right for you. Interpretation services are available. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with the disease, you should get tested. And if you work in close contact with the public or coworkers, use public transit regularly, or attend gatherings, you may already know you should get tested regularly for COVID-19, even without symptoms or a confirmed exposure. Free testing is available throughout the City of San Jose.
Drop-in Testing Locations
Hospitals & Clinics
Call your doctor to schedule a testing appointment.
- Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI): 408-975-2730
- Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley: 408-445-3400
- Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley Pediatric Center: 408-947-2929
- Mar Monte Community Clinic: 408-274-7100, option #5
- Mayview Community Health Center: 650-475-1508
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (Blossom Hill, San Jose, & Mountain View Health Centers): 877-855-7526, option #5
- North East Medical Services (NEMS) Lundy Clinic: 415-391-9686, option #1
- Peninsula Healthcare Connection: 650-853-0321
- School Health Clinics
- Gilroy Neighborhood Health Center: 408-842-1017
- Overfelt Neighborhood Health Center: 408-347-5988
- Washington Neighborhood Health Center: 408-295-0980
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Clinics & Hospitals: 1-888-334-1000 visit Online Scheduling for Free Testing
- Stanford Health Care: 650-498-9000
- Kaiser patients: 408-554-9800
- Regional Medical Center: 408-259-5000
- Good Samaritan Hospital: 408-559-2011
- El Camino Hospital: 650-940-7000
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF): 866-961-2889
- Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System: 650-493-5000
Appointments are available 7 days a week.
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) – Valley Health Center Milpitas, 1325 East Calaveras Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035
- St. Louise Regional Hospital – DePaul Health Center, 18550 De Paul Dr., Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) – Valley Health Center Downtown, 777 E Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95112
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) – Valley Health Center East Valley, 1993 McKee Road, San Jose, CA 95116
Click here to schedule a free test.
Project Baseline by Verily
The Baseline COVID-19 Program is an effort to expand access to COVID-19 screening and testing.
The Baseline COVID-19 Program is focused on:
- Helping those with concerns about COVID-19 to possibly get tested at no cost to you
- Enabling public health officials to target testing efforts
Learn more about how to get tested here.
Map of Testing Sites